…because everyone love msio-aubergine – even a brassica ^_^
⦁ 2-3 aubergines (eggplants), peeled or cut into fat ribbons
⦁ 1 head broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
⦁ 1 fresh red birds eye chilli
⦁ 4 TBSPs white miso paste
⦁ 3 TBSPs sesame oil
⦁ 1.5 TBSPs rice vinegar
⦁ fresh juice of 1 lime
⦁ 2cm knob fresh ginger, grated
⦁ handful of fresh chopped coriander leaves
⦁ small sprinkling of sesame seeds
⦁ sprinkling of chilli flakes
- Peel or finely slice the aubergine into ribbons/strips, place loosely spread around a baking tray of small roast tin.
- In a measuring cup, mix the miso, sesame oil, rice vinegar, lime juice & grated ginger until you have a consistent thick liquid. Add a bit of hot water if needed.
- Pour the marinade over the aubergine & mix.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes @ 240 C
- Remove from oven, add broccoli & chilli. Mix well.
- Switch over to grill & place back in the oven for 10-12 minutes, stirring once half way though.
- Remove from oven once everything is cooked through. The broccoli should be just cooked, and it’s OK if it’s a little charred, but don’t over cook otherwise you end up with a brassica mush and nobody likes an over-cooked brassica D:
- To serve, place in bowl or small dish, sprinkle with coriander, sesame seeds & chili flakes.