When you’re sick of cabbage, but not sick of coleslaw.
Obviously using home made mayonnaise is best, but if you can’t be arsed, fair enough really.
- 1 celeriac, cut into thin matchsticks/julienne
- equal parts mayonnaise & crème fraîche – approx. 3-4 tbsps each
- freshly squeezed juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- small handful of gherkins, finely chopped
- small bunch dill, finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place cut celeriac in a large bowl.
2. Mix remaining ingredients in a large measuring cup or small bowl, setting aside some of the dill. Taste, and adjust the seasoning as required.
3. Pour dressing over celeriac & toss together.
4. Chill 1 hour before serving.
Can be served as a side dish, on top of your favourite burger (bean or otherwise), or as a starter/hors d’oeuvre by dropping a small amount of the remoulade into a small endive/chicory leaf & topping with a small rosette of thinly sliced parma harm, prosciutto or speck.